Updated: Apr 16
Here are some statistics to help you understand the nature and threat cyber attackers have to your organisation:
One small business in the UK is successfully hacked every 19 seconds (says "Hiscox")
Up to 88% of UK companies have suffered breaches in the last 12 months ( says "carbon black")
Over 75% of the healthcare industry has been infected with malware over the last year. The study examined 700 healthcare organizations including medical treatment facilities, health insurance agencies, and healthcare manufacturing companies.
Preventing, detecting or disrupting a cyber-attack with top cybersecurity at the earliest opportunity, limits and even possibly stops impact on the business and the potential to damage reputation.
It’s normal for cyber attackers to be persistent and carry out more than one attack, they will frequently do this using common tools and techniques, which are cheaper and easier for them to use. So, putting in place security controls that will defend your business IT infrastructure will go a long way in protecting it from those multiple attacks, which could be very cost-effective.
Reduce your exposure using essential security controls
Fortunately, there are effective and reliable ways to protect and even possibly nullify your organisation’s exposure to all types of cyber-attack on your systems. Bluecube offer a number of services to prevent and defend against these attacks. Let’s go through some these defenses that would be beneficial for any organisation in fighting against cyber-attacks:
· Boundary firewalls and internet gateways — We establish your network perimeter defenses and firewall policies to detect and block executable downloads, block access to known dangerous domains and obstruct users’ computers from communicating directly with the Internet.
· Patch management — cybercriminals are opportunistic and will look to exploit people's fears, whether that is during national pandemics, disasters or events. During these times we would recommend continuing patch deployment for your cybersecurity. At Bluecube we monitor, test and install multiple patches (code changes) on existing applications and software tools on your system.
· Password policy — We ensure all our client's systems have a complex and appropriate password in place, here at Bluecube we work on a two-authentication password policy which increases your security and leaves you less at risk to attacks.
· Security monitoring — we will monitor your system for any threats that could potentially compromise your system's security. All users that are connected to your organisation's system are on a database and that we proactively manage and monitor, should there be any detection of a threat we will alert you.
· User training education and awareness — staff should understand their role in keeping your organization secure and report any unusual activity.
· Security incident management — put plans in place to deal with an attack as an effective response will reduce the impact on your business.
Cyber-attacks can be a massive threat to any organization no matter the size, especially as the number of people becoming digitally capable is growing every day. Bluecube are ISO27001 and take IT Security very seriously, keeping us and our clients secure is our top priority. We offer several services that can assist your organization in making sure you are more resilient to cyber-attacks. Click here to enquire about our services.